PROCEDURE FOR PAYING THE ATHLETIC “PAY TO PARTICIPATE” FEE
ANNUAL FEE OF $350 COVERS AN ATHLETE
FOR ONE OR MORE SPORTS DURING A SCHOOL YEAR
- The $350 Pay to Participate fee needs to be paid online (see the instructions for Pay Schools on the athletic website). Online payments will be the only method of payment the Livonia Public Schools will be accepting, which began with the 2015-16 school year. Please note: The Pay to Participate link is on the Athletic portion of the Churchill High School website. The address is as follows:
Churchill Athletics-PAY TO PARTICIPATE
- The $350 fee can no longer be paid by personal check or cash, as was the case in previous years. Please note: there is NO processing fee involved when utilizing the online Pay Schools method of payment. The $350 paid is a flat fee and processing charges will not be added at checkout time.
- If an athlete qualified for Free Lunch last year, the fee is $100. However, they must reapply through the Free Lunch Program annually. If status changes, then the balance will be collected.
- If an athlete qualified for Reduced Lunch last year, the fee is $175. They, too, must reapply through the Free Lunch Program annually. If status changes, then the balance will be collected.
- The PTP does not include either facility usage (i.e. golf course $150 or ice rink fees) or equipment fees (i.e. football helmets), which are in addition to the PTP fee.
- There will be NO payment plans set up by the athletic department. Payment plans can only be achieved by going online, using Pay Schools via a credit card, and paying off your credit card.
- Coaches may require the PTP fee to be paid prior to giving out equipment/uniforms.
- An athlete must pay the fee in order to play in the first scrimmage or contest.
- The LPS District wide financial cap (grades 7-12) is $700 per family.